By Vatican News staff writer
A statement issued by the Holy See Press Office on Wednesday said the Vatican Museums will be closed to the public from 5 November to 3 December, in compliance with the Italian Government’s latest anti-covid regulations.
The statement also said that, due to the current health situation, the Museum of the Pontifical Villas and the “Scavi” - the Vatican Excavations Office - will also be closed.
A note on the Vatican Museums website informs that all tickets that have already been purchased will be automatically refunded.
Similar precautionary measures to curb the spread of the coronavirus infections and protect the health of the public had already been implemented from 9 March to 3 June this year, in line with the national lockdown during the first wave of the pandemic in Italy.
Snapshots for Creation
The Vatican Museums are currently running an online campaign called "Snapshots for Creation" aimed at helping keep the public in touch with creation through images from the beauty of nature.
The initiative sees a picture from the Vatican Gardens published every Sunday.